1. What jobs are available to teachers with TESL / TESOL certification?
Each year, the opportunities to teach English abroad grow as countries all over the world use English more and more.
Teachers with TESL / TESOL Diplomas find work at home and abroad at:
- Independent language schools
- University language programs
- Government and community language programs
- Teaching to private groups
- K-12 public and private schools
2. Do I need a university degree to be an ESL Instructor?
No. The job prospects will differ from country to country and among each school, but there are many countries where you can find work teaching English with only TESL / TESOL training. China is one such country with many opportunities for TESL / TESOL certified instructors.
3. I’ve never taught before. Will I be ready to run my own class after this ‘program’?
Absolutely! A TESL / TESOL Diploma will teach you everything you need to know, and give you the hands on experience to successfully teach your own ESL class. If you want to have a more solid background on linguistics, grammar and specifics such as pronunciation and vocabulary, there are a vast number resources to help improve your teaching skills listed here.
4. Which overseas countries are looking for ESL teachers?
Here are some of the countries:
- South Korea
- Czech Republic
Didn’t find an answer to your question?
Send us an email or ‘social links’ and we’ll try to get in contact with an answer as soon as possible.